NOVEMBER 14 – 15
Bender Lumber Co. – Bedford
3120 Brock Lane
Bedford, IN 47421
MBSA is proud to bring to you a custom, professionally-facilitated session to achieve certification on your truck-mounted crane. Rather than weeks of filing forms and other “running around”, you can be certified on your boom truck in 2 days!
Here’s the general schedule for our 2-day course:
- Wednesday, November 14 – In-depth instruction – Begin 8:00 AM, and ends approximately 5 PM
- Thursday, November 15 – Q & A at 8:00 AM; Written test at 9:00 AM; 10:00AM to 6:00 PM is practical testing
Attendees will receive:
- Classroom education led by certified instructor
- Grooming on how to pass the practical test
- Student workbook and reference materials
- Mock-up written exams
- Load-chart questions and tips
- Certification evidence (written certificate, wallet ID card)
Attendees must bring:
- Government-issued ID
- Pencils, pens, highlighters
- notebook for note-taking
- high-visibility shirt or safety vest
- Long pants (not shorts) for practice course and practical exam
- Calculator (the calculator app on your smartphone is fine)
- Work boots and hard hat
- Any additional PPE required by your company
This course is maxed out at 13 attendees in order to observe the 2-day timeframe. If we need to, we’ll add a course in Grand Rapids or Indianapolis, depending on geographical interest. However, please note that we must have a minimum of six participants in each course location. We recommend signing up early to avoid being wait-listed.
This course is designed to address certification on the truck-mounted crane most commonly used by MBSA members, known as the “ABL”, or articulating boom lift. This is commonly called a “drywall lift” or “drywall crane”. The other type (less common) is the “ABC”, or articulating boom crane.
If a driver operates both types, and wishes to achieve the two separate certifications, the instruction and written test are virtually the same, and will be covered in this course. The difference will be in the ABC practical (“on the truck”) test, which will need to be tested separately, and will have an additional fee associated with it. If this condition applies to you, we’ll help you get that separate ABC practical test set up with our instructor and test administrator, Robert Clouse, CSP, CHST.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR – ROBERT CLOUSE, CSP, CHST
We focus on comprehensive training for rigging, signal and crane applications but offer many other training and certification classes. Our staff members previously served as voting members on the ANSI A10 Construction and Demolition and American Society of Mechanical Engineers B.30 committees. Accredited is listed on the NCCCO website to perform training, practical exams, as well as certified crane inspections nationally and for the State of Indiana. We believe in a “hands-on” practical application approach to safety. Many safety consultants use only visual presentations for training and as a result the students often fall short in practical on-the-job usage of the training. Robert will provide practical application training as well as up-to-date class room materials in order to provide the most comprehensive training available in the industry today. We have a staff of instructors that hold the CHST to CSP and most importantly, they all have construction building experience.
MBSA member rate $ 1600
Future members $ 2400*
* If you are not currently a member of MBSA, we welcome you! You may join now to achieve the member rate, and your dues will be paid through December 31, 2019.
- Vital Information about certification
- MIOSHA General Industry Part 19 Crawler, Locomotive, and Truck Crane
- Federal OSHA standard (Indiana mirrors the federal)