East Lansing Location (March 7-8)
Indianapolis Location (March 9-10)
Graduate East Lansing
The MBSA Headquarters Conference Room
133 Evergreen Ave, East Lansing, MI 48823
3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268
The Midwest Building Suppliers Association will be conducting its popular Blueprint Reading & Material Take-Off Course in Indianapolis (convenient for our Hoosier members) and East Lansing, MI (convenient for our Michigan members). Course hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Your instructor will be Casey Voorhees, Executive Director of the Western Building Materials Association in Olympia, WA, and nationally-known instructor of this famous professional development course. The course will consist of two full days of instruction and discussion of residential construction methods, blueprint reading and material take-off.
Registration fee for the 2-day course is $549 per attendee for MBSA member firms. Future Members are $949.
If you pay the higher fee, and subsequently join MBSA before the course, you will be refunded the difference.
Included in your registration fee is a course manual, set of blueprints, architectural scale and joist/truss layout scale and breakfast/lunch provided each day.
*Blueprint Reading * Material Applications *Roof System *Scale Usage * Floor Layout
*Siding & Exterior Trim *Estimating Formulas *Wall Framing *Insulation & Wallboard
- Attendees will receive hands-on experience figuring an actual set of working drawings.
- Attendees will learn basic blueprint reading by identifying lines, symbols and details while developing an understanding of elevations, floor plans, framing and sectional views.
- Students will be introduced to various residential construction methods and estimating formulas while working on a basic single level home with a trussed roof.
- Attendees will also work on a contemporary home that will include irregular floor and roof layouts.
- Additional attention will be given to stick framed roof systems including valley over-framing, common, hip and jack rafters.
ATTENDEES ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A CALCULATOR AND PENCILS.
OVERNIGHT ROOM RESERVATIONS
East Lansing – Graduate Hotel
To reserve an overnight room at the Graduate Hotel (please note if you want to book outside the room block dates you must call the hotel to still get the group rate pricing for those nights)
Or if you prefer to reserve by phone: 844-888-GRAD
Be sure to mention Midwest Building Suppliers Association to receive the group rate of $ 135.00 per night.
This is a valet only property. Individuals who choose to utilize this service would pay $20.00/night or $30.00/night for overnight accommodations. Check out other options nearby:
|Albert Avenue Garage||Grove Street Garage|
|Address: 188 Albert Ave, East Lansing, MI 48823||Address: 330 Grove St, East Lansing, MI 48823|
|Prices: Mon-Sat 8:00am- 3:00am||Prices: Mon-Sat All Day|
|30 Minutes – $0.75||30 Minutes – $0.75|
|Max $15.00||Max $15.00|
|3-minute walk to the Graduate Hotel||4-minute walk to the Graduate Hotel|
Please make your overnight room reservations PRIOR TO February 5, 2023.
While MBSA has not reserved a room block for the Indianapolis course, there are several hotels in the area. We recommend the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis North (Carmel).