The Midwest Building Suppliers Association represents pro dealers and suppliers of building materials, such as lumber and roofing, to home builders and others the midwestern region of the U.S. Below is a partial list of what MBSA can do for its members. And we’re evolving the features, benefits, and services all the time, because members can request special programs whenever they want…and we’ll do whatever we can to deliver.
Some of the Features of Membership
- “Knowledge Central” – complete HR & Compliance site
- The Blair Collings Scholarship program
- Webpage portal for industry knowledge
- Compliance assistance and programs for your areas of operation
- Complete DOT/FMCSA compliance programs…beyond mere random drug testing
- Real-time news and critical info to members
- Online membership directory
- Annual Meeting, Program, and Members Party
- Insurance program customized just for members
- On-site compliance and safety assistance
- Active lobbyists, legislative monitoring, and government relations
- Educational seminars & technical training in a myriad of categories and topics
- Public Relations and Advocacy; public awareness and education
- Membership in NLBMDA – The National Lumber & Building Material Dealers Association in Washington, DC – with access to all their programs, services, and national meetings at discounted member rates. It actually IS getting two memberships in one!
Annual professional development calendar on topics critical to the success of your employees—and your business…all at special pricing just for members. From workplace safety, customer service, and blueprint reading and estimating, if members ask for it, we can usually do it.
Available only to members, MBSA offers the exclusive Blair Collings Scholarships each year, helping dealers and associates with rising costs of higher education
At its core, Knowledge Central is an online training, testing and performance tracking system. But it is more than that. It is a human resources, business and risk management tool. The system includes dozens of forms, manuals, handbooks and guides. Nearly 200 training modules cover the gamut of regulatory compliance as well as job-specific training. It is a document management system, an employee communications tool, a Safety Data Sheet (HazCom) cataloging and retrieval system. It’s customized to you, and replaces your training, compliance, and associated record-keeping – all in one place. And only members can get it.
A full-time advocate and government relations expert who continues to monitor legislation that directly impacts your business…protecting you and your business each and every day
A medium of exchange with others having the same business interests and concerns, which allows members to share ways to build a successful business.
Online Membership Directory
Association-wide membership directory with a network of members keeps you on top of who’s who, and where to go for products, services, and information. Always accurate, because it’s online and ready for you whenever you need it.
Through weekly email communications, members have instant access to critical developments as they happen
MBSA’s exclusive Insurance Program
For more than 110 years, Federated has helped business owners in a variety of industries get the right insurance coverage to help protect their business and employees. The governing boards of hundreds of local, state, and national affinity partners recognize Federated as a quality company, which is why they exclusively recommend Federated’s products and services to their members.
The Midwest Building Materials Association (MBSA), representing building materials professionals in Michigan and Indiana, is one of those recommending associations.
Please see “Insurance Program” under “Benefits and Resources”.
Social Events & Gatherings
Annual Meeting, Sycamore Scramble Golf Outing, Interstate Golf Tournament, and “Power Lunch” instructional gatherings are just a few examples of FUN and worthwhile networking events
Discount Programs through select partners
You will have access to those discount programs you’ve enjoyed over the years, from booklets, forms, propane, or other products you buy for your business, as we’ll as new ones being added all the time.